{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

12 July 2012

{something anthropologie} restyle gift bag

Before.
After.
One of my favorite art mediums, if you can call it a medium, is washi tape. I bought a few rolls a few months ago to use with upcycled notebooks and art journals. And I keep finding more and more ways to use the tape. I am pretty sure it will always be one of my art staples from now on.

For Lissa's shower gift, I realized that I didn't have any boxes to wrap the mugs inside. And I didn't want to go to the store to buy a cheesy wedding gift bag. Then I remembered that I always have a stash of Anthropologie bags that I never throw away. And I only use them for special gifts. But I felt kind of weird giving her a bag with wedding gifts not from Anthropologie.

I quickly realized that a strip of bright polka dot washi tape was the perfect width to cover the branding. It makes the gift have it's own original flair, it's classy, and it's very economical. Make sure you use a washi tape with a deisgn and darker color. I don't think a solid pastel would cover the branding.

Why didn't I think of this sooner? I feel bad about it, but from now on, I think I'm always going to get a bag when I shop there. I was making sure to use my own bags, but this is just too fun. I can have one store I get the bag from, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment