{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

02 May 2012

{something braided} quick braids for mamas

For this style, braid a third of your hair. Then incorporate the braid into your ponytail, side ponytail if you are like me.
 I love braiding my hair. I'm hoping that when my mama visits that she can braid my hair the ways I can't braid it on my own. Here's a few braid styles I've been wearing while I'm waiting.
For this braid, braid two braids on each side of your head. Secure each with a rubber band, then wrap around to the back of your head and secure with a pretty barrette {mine's from Wyoming!}
For this braid crown, I braided a small braid. Then I twisted it over like a headband. It's secured in place with bobby pins.
I found some really pretty gingham ribbon that I wanted to use for Baby Jupiter. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, so I cut two strands in each color for my twin braids here. Simply tie the ribbon to one of your three sections of hair for a traditional French braid. I had a ribbon with two sections of hair, and the third section was ribbon-less.
I tried my new hair styling product the night before here, hoping to get some better waves. It worked better than other products I've tried, but I am still trying to figure it out. So I let the waves go, and I braided a simple braid along the side of my hair. I made it a little but extra fancy with some bobby pin flowers.
The best thing about braids is that they are quick and simple. My mama wore her hair in a French braid almost every day when I was little. It allowed her to keep her hair long for fancy nights, but it also kept it back quickly and pretty when we were just at home baking, crafting, cleaning, or reading.

xo
mama-to-be

No comments:

Post a Comment