{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

24 April 2012

{something craved} what we eat

One question people love to ask me is if I am craving anything, you know, if my pregnancy has made me want to eat rocks or pickles and peanut butter together. Those hits are not on my list of cravings, but I have had quite a few tastes I've had to indulge in lately.
My biggest craving has been olives. Olives. Olives. Olives. I go through about a container of olive tapenade from Trader Joe's every week. I love it on grilled cheese, egg sandwiches, pizza, just a bite alone. Oh. And I've been craving milk a lot, too, as you can see in the background of this photo:) But other than olives, this is what we've been craving.

Watermelon. I know. So typical.

Avocados. These babies are still waiting to get softer. I'm dying to eat them with corn tortillas fried and salted.
Edamame hummus (from scratch with mint and cumin) and fry bread (also from scratch).
Salted caramel ice cream. I seriously need to hit Serendipity in Webster Groves again soon.
Pesto. This recipe is inspired by Rachel of Smile and Wave. I'll post my version soon. I also threw together a great pesto pasta salad.

xo
mama-to-be

No comments:

Post a Comment