{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

18 March 2012

{something family} a kansas city baby shower

My mama and sisters hosted a delightful shower for me last weekend in Kansas City. I've had five baby showers. I am so lucky in friendship and family. And I plan to do have a post for each one. Just keep reading daily:)

Everyone paid attention to every tiny detail at this one and its bunny rabbit spring time theme.

Here's the invitation. It's actually from Martha Stewart's free Rifle Paper Co. download.

My sister, the future Aunt Lissa {Liss-a} made yummy sugar cookies in the shape of tulips and onesies.


She also made these sweet cupcakes that looked like flowers. The detail of the small pots made them just extra cute with the centerpieces.


Each table was set with a beautiful trio of pansies in terra cotta pots. Pansies are one of my favorite spring time plants. I think it has something to do with my love for Alice and Wonderland. Each guest was allowed to leave with one, but there were still a large handful left. So Mama let me bring them home to St. Louis. They look just beautiful clustered on our front porch by the door.


Mama also made a wonderful spread of snacks. It was the perfect lunch for all of us. Here are some of the highlights: mini puff pastry and asparagus quiches, a veggie tray, fruit kabobs, and my favorite: stuffed mushrooms.

Asparagus and Puff Pastry Quiches
Fruit Kabobs
Veggie Tray: Yum. We ate it with Spinach Artichoke Dip
Mini Cupcakes
It was such a delightful afternoon. I got to see my dear friend Cori, my Nani and her sisters, my Aunts JoAnn and Siobhan, and all of my sweet little cousins, including my Goddaughter.

My Nani surprised me with a stack of handmade flannel receiving blankets that will be part of another post. Plus she made a quilt for the baby. I also received a quilt from my Grams. So many people came with thoughtful gifts. I even got the Dwell Studio blocks from future Aunt Lissa and the much needed changing table mattress from future Aunt Molly. Oh and future Uncle Boomer even came through with a Royals onesie for her to wear this summer.

xo
katie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Zane. I just love the ones of the pansies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a great time at the shower! I am so happy that we got to see each other and visit!! Morgan is ready to meet her new playmate :)

    ReplyDelete