{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

20 December 2011

{something yummy} rolo turtles with christmas pretzels


My mama bakes anywhere between ten and fifteen types of cookies for the holidays--sesame logs, fig cookies, white chocolate covered pretzels, rice krispie treat trees, cut out sugar cookies, chocolate rolos, peanut butter kisses, press cookies, mexican wedding cakes, you name it, she's probably baking it one night this week.

I have all of her recipes. And in college I used to spend half my December grocery budget on sugar, butter, eggs, flour, and sprinkles. But somewhere along the line I stopped baking the list. I've left it to Mama. I do, however, make one special treat to share with all my family and friends: pecan rolo turtles.


My godmother introduced me to the recipe. It was never on Mama's list. It's all "mine." Though my nani and my aunt Mary stole the recipe this season.

It's super simple, and I'm sure you've seen it done, but it's my holiday cookie share. I found Christmas tree pretzels online here, but be careful of where you order from. They might get broken:(


Ingredients: pretzels {mine are Utz Christmas shapes}, pecan halves, and Rolo candies {unwrapped}


Step-by-Step:
1. Place your pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Add a Rolo to the top of each pretzel.
3. Bake at 300 degrees for two to two-and-a-half minutes.
4. Remove them from the oven and smash a pecan half onto the top of each Rolo.
5. Cool in your freezer {I had to make room in mine} or outside if it's cold enough. 
6. Package and enjoy! {I package mine in clear treat sacks from Target in the gift wrap area, and I seal them with my handmade sticker gift tags}.


I'm giving a pair to each of my delightful English teacher colleagues tomorrow {with another surprise I hope to post tomorrow}. And Jv's been enjoying a few with a glass of milk the past few nights.

xo
katie

No comments:

Post a Comment