{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

17 August 2011

{something found} vintage vocabulary for stories


I'm searching for a bookshelf. Something old, something mid-century modern, something about three-feet-tall and four-feet-wide. Yesterday, I tried to find it, after school. My three stops were swift, none rewarding a bookshelf.


But my swift eyes captured this boring, narrow, gray box stuffed on the top shelf behind a broken vase at the Value Village. I don't even know what moved me to reach for it. But I did. I even opened it. Then I think I did a little dance {or a least let out a sigh of awesome amazment}.


Inside this boring, narrow, gray box stuffed on the top shelf behind a broken vase at the Value Village: a stack of nearly 100 vintage story cards. It's like one of those finds that I thought I'd never find. And I did. But the awesomeness doesn't even begin to end there. The red wax crayon price: $1.51. Awesome. Just awesome. {If you didn't notice, I'm bent on awesome today. Something about wanting a new book, The Book of Awesome}. The awesome Website is here.


Look forward to a writing prompt inspired by these awesome cards. And I wish you the best in finding what you thought you'd never find. {My chances of finding this set of Catherineholm bowls seems less like a dream already.}

xo
katie




1 comment:

  1. Awesome!

    BTW I found your blog today via Laura @ Roots & feathers and have kept it open on my browser whilst I had a little meander. I'm not an actual stalker I promise ;)

    ReplyDelete