{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

26 July 2011

{something travel} new orleans road trip bag


I decided something new: a new feature // travel with j&k. My first entry is what's in my bag for the car ride to New Orleans.

Teddy Bear headphones {LateToTheRevolution}. iPod with new songs. Holga {and my DSLR}. Hand sanitizer (for those gas station stops). Hand lotion in a soothing scent. Hair ties {ManeMessage}. Lip gloss. Kleenex. Bubblemint Gum. Zipper bag with lots of pens. Sketch book. Novels. Change purse. Mirror. Sunnies. Waterbottle. Planner. Handmade Marketplace.

This time, we were in the car for a total of 11 hours, with a few stops overnight along the way with family and for weddings. Chunking up the time was great, so the longest stretch was only 8 hours. I do love a road trip. Jv is a great driver, and it gives me the best excuse to use time to design, write, and organize. I love it.

Where are you headed this summer?

xo,
katie

P.S. Don't forget about the giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. Your teddy bear headphones are ADORABLE.

    See you in 2 weeks. Back to the grind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this wasn't the point of the post, but I really love that quilt on your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill! Thanks. That's totally vintage. My husband's granny made it for his parents when they got married, and now we have it. It's at least 30 years old. And I can't let go of how great it does look on our bed! xo.

    ReplyDelete