15 June 2011
Something To Do: Summer Developments
I adore Elsie's blog, A Beautiful Mess. I adore her sister Emma's blog and sweet treats, too:) And I can't wait to take their eCourse this summer, Dream Job. That and their best pal Rachel's eCourse. And that I am proud they are all living in Missouri, just like me:) Oh. And I can't tell you how much I wanted to crash her wedding. I'm thinking if I could have found Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson to join me, I might have been able to pull it off!
Elsie sweetly said she'd read blogs if readers posted summer goals. I'm always making a list to cross out.
So here are my summer developments: Enjoy!
1. Our Bedroom Makeover: The red was reminding me too much of dream sequences in Twin Peaks. I finally primed it yesterday, had JV help my color choosing with his solor choosing skills, and painted to room a soft neutral today. As soon as it dries, the fun of really decorating begins!
2. Etsy Shop Revival: I was so proud of myself when I developed a new blog design, including the photo and link to my shop. But my shop is empty. School is over. I've decided how to stage photos, and I can't wait to get it started up again next week. I hope to host a giveaway to kick it all off.
3. Find a Bike, Basket, and Repair it: I've enlisted JV to help me search Craig's List for the perfect vintage bike with a basket. I'll be painting it yellow, white, pink, or turquoise. Then adding personal painted touches with my acrylics. I can't wait!
4. I'm buying a Holga for my trip to New Orleans. It's been sitting in my Amazon cart for over a year. I hear New Orleans is wonderful to photograph. Speaking of New Orleans....if you need a summer read, check out Zeitoun by Dave Eggers. I read it in a day. Wonderful read.
5. Mama's Recipe Cards: These are somewhat of a surprise. The plan is ten.
P.S. Isn't my new studio coming together beautifully?! One more item to check off my 29 Before 30 list.