{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

23 June 2011

Something to Celebrate: Bottle Opener DIY


This summer is a beautiful mess. Last night I started working on my latest DIY. I discovered these vintage can openers thrifting last week (searching for the perfect father's day gift). I scored a vintage Coors one for my dad:) Dad--if you want it painted, tell me.

And when I found the hidden treasure box of them--Lone Star, Lucky Lager, Hamm's, even Buckeye Brew--I had to think of something to do with them. I found most of mine for 50-cents each (some were between $1-$3, depending on the lager).

Such sweetness is paint. 

First, you want to find your can openers/bottle openers.


Then you want to paint a thick base coat color--let it dry between each layer so it doesn't clump up. I suggest 3 or 4 coats. I used acrylic paints.


Then paint your sweet, personal, beautiful designs. I'm going to seal them with a glossy glaze when they are all complete and dry. I just love them.


xo,
katie

1 comment:

  1. what an awesome vintage find! And great idea to paint and personalize them.

    ReplyDelete