{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

07 May 2011

Something ReStyled: Fireplace Magic


Sometimes I wish for a magical muse to drop by my house and make it vintage pretty. She finally arrived:) The past two weekends I've restyled two spaces with jars, books, prints, and frames I've had for months.

The first project is my living room fireplace; the second, our second bathroom.

I'm loving the the happily ever afters. . You can see the before photos below.

The Living Room Fireplace mantle Before and After.

Ball jars, thrifted. Brass deer, thrifted. Underwood typewriter, ebay. Print, Shakespeare Festival 2007 poster (free). Readers Digest Books, thrifted.

And the bathroom Before and After. I still want glass knobs. I think I want the pink glass ones from Anthropologie. But I'm also hoping I can find some vintage ones this summer.

Chair, 100-mile yard sale, 2009. Prints: Sewing pattern, vintage thrifted; Anne-Julie of the Nebulous Kingdom, etsy; Volume 25, etsy. Frames, Kohls 2008. Mirror, Wal-Mart, 2008. Milk glass, avon jar, pink handheld mirror, thrifted. Jewelry box, Pottery Barn gift from JV:)

Let me know what you think. And have a charming weekend:)
xo, katie

No comments:

Post a Comment