{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

09 January 2011

Something Heartfelt: A New Daily Project

I've been searching for something to keep me going, to keep me designing, drawing, and dreaming. Today, I searched for inspiration in thousands of shops and Websites.  I discovered it reading on the etsy blog about Noah Scalin.

Thomas Fuchs, www.aheartaday.com
Noah recently published his book, 365: A Daily Creative Journal, after creating a skull a day back in 2007. My object to create a day was easy to choose. It's my favorite shape: a heart. I considered a lock or a key, but I am confident with the heart. It's been done already by graphic artist Thomas Fuchs, but I must say I got the idea before I saw his idea. I checked his blog, www.aheartaday.com, and I am relieved to know we are nothing alike in artistic style. I love his heart bike, pictured above.

This also helps me out because sometimes I just want to blog a picture. Now I can. I can also upload a few at a time if I need to. And, just so you know, I am still trying to limit what I buy.

Kate Bingaman-Burt, katecunsumption on etsy
I love the idea to draw a daily purchase. The book Obsessive Consumption: What Did You Buy Today? is in my wish list. But you know me. I'd rather try to draw what I didn't buy.


Here's to a year of hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment