{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

02 November 2010

Something Thankful: Basketball in Autumn




We're looking forward to another wonderful Spurs season.

I adore the Spurs. No. We are not from Texas. We just like them. And we both adore basketball. I also adore poetry. And autumn. I wish my poetry was as wonderful as Sherman Alexie's, but who am I kidding?

For some basketball poetry, read Alexie's "Defending Walt Whitman." I also enjoy Naomi Shihab Nye's collection Honeybee (she mentions Duncan in the intro)and a poem called "Old Men Playing Basketball," but the author escapes me right now.

Jump Ball!

Thank you autumn for Manu Ginobli, Tim Duncan, and, I suppose, Tony Parker.

Thank you for The Post and their NBA league pass.

Thank you for the park, a dribble and a pass away.

Thank you  for my charming husband and charming bulldog.

Thank you, autumn, for basketball.

The photo is from Cheryl. You can find her here. Isn't she amazing?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Vito and his basketball :) So tempting for a bulldog.

    ReplyDelete