{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

07 September 2010

Something Monday: Mixed Tape

I [heart] mixed tapes. I do, truly. I miss the days of cuing the blank tape, rushing toward the radio to hit the "play and record" buttons simultaneously, hoping to catch dj-voice-less renditions of Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" and Reba McEntire and Linda Davis's "Does He Love You" duet. I know. You miss it too.

And as I was blog surfing just now, I discovered two fresh ideas to bring to my posts:

Mix Tapes Mondays and the super cute teddy bear headphones I hope still exist in January. I am in LOVE with these honey ones with the red bow from A Beautiful Mess.

My Mix Tape Monday
1. You and I by Ingrid Michaelson
2. You and I by Wilco
3. The Poet by Ryan Bingham
4. If I Die Young by The Band Perry
5. Whole Wide World by Reckless Eric
6. Grace Kelly by Mika
7. King of Anything by Sara Bareilles
8. Jealous Guy, American Idol Casey James's version

I do wish I was listening to these tunes on my Teddy Bear headphones (p.s.--my birthday is Sunday; maybe I will gift a pair of these honey ones to myself).

P.S. Ryan Bingham's newest album, Junky Star, just released. And I did purchase it on iTunes...but it brings no clutter to my home. Isn't he dreamy? And my charming husband--my main music source--is loving it. So it can count as a gift, right?!.


1 comment:

  1. This mixtape is really nice! I loove 1,2 and 6 and now I can't stop listening 7 haha!

    xoxo

    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete