{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

28 March 2010

Something Upcycled: T-Shirt Tote Bag


I unpacked my spring clothes this morning. It's supposed to be sunny, sixties and seventies, all spring next week. As I was unpacking, I came across my bag of college and high school t-shirts. The plan was to always have a t-shirt quilt made. But do you know how much time those take? And how much they cost to have someone do it for you? So not worth it.

Well. You know me. I had to come up with a solution that reused the t-shirts and didn't break the bank. And didn't involve buying anything new. Ah ha moment: reusable tote bags. I wondered if it would work. And it did. I think I'm going to gift this one to someone special.

Let me know your thoughts for other t-shirt projects: I'm already thinking of the ideas. Who knew how pivotal a sewing machine would be in this grand adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be cool if you could make a t-shirt human. Like, take some old t-shirts (I have plenty) and create a living, breathing, human being out of them. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete