{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

26 March 2010

Something Sewn: Vintage Quilt Becomes Apron

I want to make this one quick. On my way back home from visiting the family, I stopped at two HUGE antique malls. It was the adventure of Spring Break 2010!

I came across exactly what I wanted, including a bag of old, vintage binding and buttons and a top quilt.

Then I got to work with my sewing machine. My lovely mother surprised me with it three years ago for my birthday, but I never really challenged myself with it. This week, I've been sewing up loads of Christmas gifts and possible merchandise for a summer/spring craft show or flea market (if I can find one).

Look what I made: Charming Aprons





Nothing new. No pattern required.

And in case you're wondering: I still haven't bought anything new for myself. Nothing. I did buy some gifts and fabric to make gifts (I didn't take a photo, but I made my friend Emily the cutest Peter Rabbit baby blanket to match the nursery theme she picked for her expected baby). And a fabric store in the neighborhood is having a going out of business sale. So I stocked up on a few yards for Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment