{charmed earth}

The Lifestyle blog of Katie Storms.: something simple, something sweet, something styled.

13 March 2010

Something Recycled. Something Dental.



I take care of my teeth. I floss. I use my Bubblegum flavored ACT. I brush. I just have bad luck when it comes to cavities.

Now. My dental tooth-cleaning lady suggests I invest in a power brush. But. I. don't. want. to. I like my Preserve toothbrush too much to let go.

Yes. My preserve toothbrush. It's almost like a sculpture. I usually get the white one or the soft sea foam green. I love how the neck arches back, like the bristles are out on the beach drinking in the sunshine. I wish I was at the beach.

But it's more than a piece of art. This toothbrush is made from recycled yogurt cups. It comes in a reusable travel case. And when the bristles are no longer firm enough to brush, you simple toss the toothbrush and case in a prepaid envelope and send it back to preserve where they will continue to recycle. And did I mention this tooth brush is under $3? That's at Trader Joe's. Some places sell them for over $6 a piece. To get the prepaid envelope, ask someone at the store or look on the shelf. I also think they sell razors, but I can't seem to find them yet. I'm planning on looking at Whole Foods the next time I am brave enough to walk in there.

Here's the Website: http://www.preserveproducts.com/

So I guess when my disposable razors are no longer sharp, I can at least buy online. I haven't read the Website much, but I think I need to. I'm hoping there's a way to get them my yogurt cups. Because yogurt cups are a recycle #5, I can't recycle them where I drop off my other plastics and glass I can't reuse.

Enjoy brushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment